At a time of constant turmoil, I’m inviting you to retreat from the hustle and bustle, and enter the endless expanses of the wondrous desert. Come and experience the powerful and transformative energy of a Yoga retreat and of Neot Smadar – recharge, rejoice and be inspired to conduct your daily routine differently upon your return.
You can participate in all four days of the retreat or only in the first three (Thursday-Saturday).
About the Retreat
The constant changes, restrictions and boundaries that we encounter on a daily level during this period, may weaken us, make us sad, angry, and intensify a sense of helplessness and stagnation.
Yet, is our sense of freedom and ability to create and be creative really bound by external conditions?
This weekend, we will look into ways to find inner freedom within the limitations and sense of imprisonment we sometimes experience. We will explore the possibility of creativity in the practice, in the kitchen, at work and in love, arising from that inner freedom.
The connection to the peaceful and powerful desert that surrounds us, the combination of strengthening nutrition for the winter days alongside supportive yoga and meditation practices, and conversations in the spirit of the yoga tradition – those will allow reduction of the noise, change of view point, and fill us with inspiration for the daily life.
You’re welcome to a joyful and enriching journey, in a happy and pleasant atmosphere, surrounded by supportive company.
- Connect to the power of the desert’s stillness and disconnect from the daily grind
- Immerse yourself in your practice in a way you can’t do during day-to-day busy life
- Experience the essence of freedom and creation
- Explore and understand how to use Yogic tools (physical and mental) in the daily life
- Return home at peace, feeling refreshed and energized to deal with daily routine
- Daily Yoga classes
- Daily Meditation and Pranayama sessions
- Spiritual & inspirational conversations – ‘Satsangs’
- Personal advisory talks with Alit*
- Thai Massage class
- Healthy delicious vegan food
- Nutrition Workshop: tips and ideas on how to easily prepare healthy food from what exists (in the season and/or our kitchen)
- Walks in nature
- Resting time
- Room accommodation for 1-3 ppl (incl. shower, toilet, and kitchen for each room)
- Neot Semadar’s produce kit
- Endless LOVE and CARE
*This option is available only to those participating in the entire 4 days retreat.
Thursday, October 29 at 13:00, until Sunday, November 1 at 15:00 (or Saturday Oct 31 at 15:00).
Kibbutz Neot Semadar is located in the Southern Negev Desert of Israel, about 60 km. north of Eilat. The Kibbutz was established in 1989 by a group of friends interested in creating a learning community that focuses on cooperation and creativity in daily life.
Early Birds prices (valid until September 16, 2020):
For a person in a room of 3 – 1330 for three days, 1850 for four days
For a person in a room of 2 – 1400 for three days, 1950 for four days
It is also possible to take a single room; for prices contact Alit.
As of September 17, 2020, prices will rise by 10%.
Registration and more
To register, contact Alit at 0546377444, firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the studio.
The retreat is limited to 20 participants and is already over half full. If you’re interested, it is suggested to sign up quickly.
Registration & Cancellation Terms
- Downpayment of 500 ILS will reserve s spot for you in the retreat.
- Early birds registration ends on Sep 16, 2020.
- In case of cancellation until Sep 29, 2020, payment will be refunded excluding a cancellation fee of 200 ILS.
- In case of shortening your stay (from 4 days to 3 days) after Sep 29, the price difference will not be returned.
- In case of cancellation between Sep 30 and Oct 19, 2020, payment will be refunded excluding a cancellation fee of 500 ILS.
- After Oct 19, 2020, payment will be refunded excluding a cancellation fee of 900 ILS.
Daily Routine & Schedule
The daily routine includes 1-2 physical exercises with personal support and attention, meditation and breath work (pranayama), walking and sitting in the desert (sunrise / sunset), a spiritual & inspirational conversation – ‘Satsangs’, delicious vegan meals. Alongside these, additional content will be scattered (as detailed above in the “highlights” section).
A detailed schedule will be sent to registrants. Those interested in receiving a schedule even before registration, are invited to contact Alit.